Friday, July 3, 2009

Recipe Box, but not on Wednesday

Ever year, for the past 3 or 4, we have made Brandy Slushes for the 4th of July barbecue at my in-laws. They are so good on a hot summer day! I thought I'd share the citrus-y goodness with you! (Thanks to my Aunt Elaine for the fab recipe!)

Brandy Slush

7 C. cold water - bring to a boil and add
2 C. sugar - let simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat & cool to room temperature.

Meanwhile, in a separate pot:
2 C. cold water - bring to a boil and add
4 teabags (I use plain ol' Lipton), steep 5 minutes, remove from heat, squeeze out tea bags, & cool.

In ice cream bucket (5 quart size), add:
12 oz. can frozen (thawed) OJ concentrate
12 oz. can frozen (thawed) lemonade concentrate
2 C. Brandy (brand of your choice)
& the above 2 mixtures.

Stir well & freeze covered, stirring occasionally. Consistency should be slushy.

To serve, fill tall glass half full with slush & fill remaining half with chilled club soda
(or tonic, but we don't like it as well). Mix w/spoon/straw & serve. Yummy!

Let me know how you like it! Mmmm-mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment