Thursday, July 16, 2009

Who I Am

I was on facebook, as is my habit as I turn on the computer in the mornings, and saw a comment on something a friend posted by someone from my past. Someone I immediately associate with past hurts, someone who's name makes me 'see red' in anger, someone who makes me feel like a little, lonely girl again. Wow. So right away I thought, 'Oh God! (and not in a blasphemous way) I thought I was done with this!' I guess I'm not done with this. :o(

My fabulous church has a class they do a couple times a year that details some great tools for spiritual growth and one of these tools talks about emotional hooks and looking below the surface to heal root issues, not merely medicate symptoms that are bound to return. (How'm I doin', Brenda?) So God and I had a little talk about this unexpected emotional response I had.

I feel like God said 'Trust Me, I'm still working on you' and reminded me of His Word:
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
~ 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
I will not walk in those old emotions, I will not dwell in those strongholds! I will not. Instead, today I am pressing into who God says I am. I am His and He says I have value. I am not powerless and alone.

Thank you Papa, keep working on me, open my eyes to see You at work and discern Your Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment