Someone just gave me this recipe and I thought they were good, but could totally be improved with some creativity. It's dressed up spaghetti, which makes it really affordable.
Here's the basic recipe:
1 box angel hair pasta
1 C diced ham
1/3 C milk
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, + more for garnish if desired
Fresh ground pepper
1+ C. tomato sauce.spaghetti sauce - your choice
4+ tsp oil, divided
1) Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
2) In large bowl, beat eggs & milk. Add everything else, except the oil, and toss together.
3) Heat 1 tsp. oil in 6 inch fry pan. Add about 1 C. of the pasta mixture to the pan kind of pressing down to make a pancake shape. (toss again each time before putting noodles in pan to ensure they are well coated)
4) Cook on each side about 3 minutes until lightly brown and firming up - they should be 'flip-able'.
5) Repeat until all pasta is cooked. Keep cooked pancakes in oven on warm until you are ready to serve them.
6) While you cook the pancakes, heat the tomato sauce. Pour over pancakes, sprinkle with cheese, and serve!
These were pretty good, but I think next time I'll make them with a more exotic cheese and add some veggies like sauteed onions, mushrooms, spinach and maybe pepperoni instead of ham. I think you could add just about anything that you like. Oh, and whole wheat pasta or maybe soba... You could even make these to order if you have picky eaters, raid your fridge and see what you can come up with. Let me know if you try them!