Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thankfulness

I had the privilege to pray for someone at church today. She came up front and asked for some prayer in some specific areas of her life... so we prayed and asked God to come speak to her. We prayed for her specific request and then waited to see what God wanted to say or do. I felt like He wanted to let her know how He values her and specifically that she is not a mistake. This really wasn't even close to what she asked for prayer about, but it was what it seemed like God wanted her to hear. And I could tell she was having an emotional response to what I was sharing with her. After we finished praying she shared that her mom had her at a young age and as a result she'd always felt like a mistake! Must have been God speaking into her life! Woo-hoo! How cool is that?

This evening I was back at church for some amazing worship music, a great message about healing, and some awesome prayer. What a great way to start the week! So, this leaves me with a heart of thankfulness that I get to participate. John Wimber, one of the Vineyard Movement founders, said, "Everyone gets to play," and it is such a privilege. I am constantly amazed when I feel something, think I might hear God say something, and it's proven true! I stand in awe of being wanted, being found usable. Pour me out, fill me up, pour me out... Thank you Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment