Thursday, December 3, 2009

David's Psalm (56), My Prayer Today

... the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
Romans 8.26
and also reminds us of His Spirit breathed Word, like today when I am reminded that God keeps track of my sorrow, of all my emotions, and holds them dear:

O God, have mercy on me,
for people are hounding me.
My foes attack me all day long.


< Papa, please come >

I am constantly hounded by those who slander me,
and many are boldly attacking me.

< Help me be meek and gentle, turn the other cheek >

But when I am afraid,
I will put my trust in you.

< Remind me of Your presence, You are trustworthy >

I praise God for what he has promised.
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?

< You are in control, I give You control now >

They are always twisting what I say;
they spend their days plotting to harm me.
They come together to spy on me—
watching my every step, eager to kill me.
Don’t let them get away with their wickedness;
in your anger, O God, bring them down.
< I feel so beat up & bruised, come protect my battered heart >

You keep track of all my sorrows
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.

< With You, I am never alone and I am SO THANKFUL.
I can't even breathe without You >

My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
This I know: God is on my side!
I praise God for what he has promised;
Yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?

< I trust in God, I trust You, God >

I will fulfill my vows to you, O God,
and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help.
For you have rescued me from death;
you have kept my feet from slipping.
So now I can walk in your presence, O God,
in your life-giving light.

< I walk in Your presence, Your life-giving light, I walk with You. >

I am encouraged today. Hope you are, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment