Thursday, February 10, 2011

If

I head back to small group tonight after being gone for over three months. I think I'm kind of nervous. I have butterflies, I'm not sure why. It might be because I wonder if I've changed. Am I different? Will they see it? Does it matter if they do, or not? Maybe I'm hesitating because I don't feel done, the lovely ladies at my table in Freedom for life know me 'deeper' than the people in the small group. Now it almost feels like starting over. Again.  
Someone posted this on facebook today, not the first time I've heard it, but it really resonates today:

If this is true, it changes everything.
If God really does love each of us, it doesn't matter if someone in a new group doesn't like me.

If Jesus really did come hear, die for me and was resurrected, my life has eternal consequence.
And if that's true, it matters how I spend each moment of the day.

If this incredible story is true, if this relationship is possible, there is nothing about me that is hopeless. There is nothing about you that is insurmountable.

If this is true, the way I love will change. The way I parent will change. The kind of employee I am will change. The kind of friend I am will change. The lives around me will be impacted.

If this is true, nothing is as I see it. It. Changes. Everything.

If this is true, I will let it change me. If this is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment