which took quite a while to cut and rip up the seams
to preserve as much usable material as possible.
(Messy, dusty job!
When I blew my nose after this, it was BLUE! Yuck.)
which means it took longer to prepare the material because
it required some thought.
larger rectangles to get the most out of the cut up jeans.
Then I added the smaller rectangles from the scraps.
I hinted at these quilts here.
Here's the end result.
and I wanted it to fit him for a long time.
This is laid out on his full size futon.
I used the heavier jean thread to quilt.
The quilts were done two days late, but I'm happy I didn't stress out over them to get them done in time for Christmas. It made the whole thing much more enjoyable!