Friday, September 11, 2009

This & That






Yesterday was Grace's last day of preschool at UMD. To celebrate we stopped on our way home to feed the ducks living in the schools water feature a stale hotdog bun. They didn't mind that it was stale.


Duck butts are cute and funny. I don't know why.


Here's the boys waiting at the bus stop taken out the front of my van window. First they turned away, then when they saw I wasn't leaving they allowed the picture. That's Micah in the middle with the 'Now what are you doing, Mom?' look on his face. Guess it's just not cool to do this. That's just the kind of mom I am.
















Best. Breakfast. Ever.



Best. Ice cream. Ever.



When is chocolate genache ever wrong?





Yesterday was a hard day. I had to change some stuff around that I knew was going to impact other people's schedules and I felt like it would make me look bad. Really, there is way more to it than that, but that is the heart of it, even though it is completely beyond my control. I hate that. And I knew what was going on. I knew it was not all about me. I just couldn't get out of the pit of those emotions. And this song, especially the chorus, speaks right to the stuff I'm feeling. I am not an Idol fan, or really a fan of this music style, so it's weird that I like it. Thought I'd share it - check it out here.
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change

Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you

Cuz everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you
Compared to you
Cuz everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you
So I surrender all

No comments:

Post a Comment