Friday, December 17, 2010

Happiness

 I took a little unplanned hiatus there. I wanted to read, picked a book I'd already read, light reading that was handy because it was already in my iBooks app, and then read the next book in the series, and the next, and the next, five total. And I can see that I totally did it to avoid, bury my head in the sand, and not awfulize about the stuff that God was speaking to me last week.So I avoided. I should mention the Christmas gift sewing that sucked me in, too. So, I don't want to have a pity party here, just wanted to tell you I've been here... but not here.

God always pursues when we run. I should expect it by now. (Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. Psalm 139.7-8)


Every week I come to Freedom for Life, empty and unwilling, and God speaks through the wonderful women at my table and touches my heart. Every week. We turn to Him, He comes, we turn, He comes... (Are you getting this, Kathy??? I am stubborn and comfortable in the mire, always surprised that there is something better.) My friend, Wendy, has been doing such a great job leading our group of ladies, week in and week out. She hears God for us, guiding us, modeling life in Christ, obedient.  Last night she brought a gift for each of us. (She even brought a gift for someone who wasn't supposed to be at our table, knowing she would be anyway. See - she hears from God, and then acts on it!) The gifts were Willow Tree figurines and she picked a different one for each of us, to remind us of this time, set apart for God.  For me, who cries through most meetings, she chose 'Happiness.'


The description of it was from God's heart to mine,
My daughter, My heart is for you to be "FREE to sing, laugh, dance....create!"
Only God could have told her that, the thing my heart longs to hear, the words I am afraid to hope for. Thank you, Wendy, you hear God when I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment