1 can crescent rolls (8 rolls size)
1# Ground beef, or turkey (or possibly soy crumbles? Never tired it!), browned
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
corn chips (the kind that go with salsa)
taco toppings - your choice!
2) Brown meat in frying pan. Drain, rinse to get off extra fat, return to pan. Add the taco seasoning and tomato sauce and mix together.
(Why won't this picture rotate?!?!?)
6) Spread sour cream over the meat, no measuring! (Micah doesn't like sour cream so we leave it off of a portion for him and mark it with toothpicks so we remember which part is his.)
7) Now cheese over the sour cream.
8) And then another layer of chips. Pop it in the oven for 49-45 minutes until the crust is golden. While it's cooking, chop all your toppings - whatever you like to serve with tacos.
9) Let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
10) Cut into 6 or 9 pieces - how hungry are you?
11) Top with you favorite taco toppings & enjoy! If you serve it with fruit and a glass of milk, you have every food group covered! AND don't forget the treat for dessert - there is a part of the food pyramid that allows for that, too. ;o) Make it! Do it!
If you're blessed like me, maybe someone will make you guacamole to go with it!