Friday, November 12, 2010

A few things I forgot to mention...

I love these socks from LittleMissMatched! They don't match on purpose, but are color coordinated, and so. fun. I'm am trying to decide if I am too old for them...

Have you heard about the great promotion over at UdderCovers? For a limited time, if you enter 'thanksgiving' in the promo box, you get one of their stylin' udder covers for FREE, just pay shipping and handling! They sell for $32 - a sweet deal that just gets better and better because then you get sent an email with another similar deal at SevenSlings where you can get a FREE sling, again for just shipping and handling. You can fill up your staff of gifts for the next baby in your life!

I think my favorite candy bar it a MilkyWay Dark - 'it's better in the dark.' I think I am having an afternoon slump as my mind is on dark, sweet chocolate. Sorry about that!

Today is To Write Love on Her Arm day. I did. Will you? See the vision here, and why I support it here.

I think I will have plenty of coffee bag scraps to make some trinket keepers. I would have loved these when I was a kid, and I know Grace will too! I just got a call that my sewing machine has been tuned up and is ready for pick-up! I am excited to start sewing away on gifts gifts gifts! I find that it makes me want to give more gifts than I usually would. Should I just cut off the impulse or go with it? Does it set a precedent?

I also need to find a source for bulk rice and buckwheat so I can make the hot pack for my gram and the cold pack for my grampa who gets menopausal hot flashes as a chemo side effect. Here's a good tutorial for the Therapy Bags.

I'm playing keyboard at the Duluth Vineyard Church all weekend and if you are in the area, you should come! Not because I'm playing (though I'll work as hard as I can to play well!) but because of the great community. I need a community to love on and be loved by, and this is a good one!

And finally, Freedom for Life has been kickin' my butt. I'm loving the ladies at my table and thankful for the community that God ordained for us before we even started this journey! God is moving, He's bringing up things that hurt, and I'm afraid, but I am so desperate for change, I'm trying to let Him come.
"Fearlessness may be a gift but perhaps more precious is the courage acquired through endeavor, courage that comes from cultivating the habit of refusing to let fear dictate one's actions..."
~ Aung San Suu Kyi, Nobel laureate

No comments:

Post a Comment