Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Crochet Mania

OK - OK! I will admit that I stayed up WAY too late last night looking at creatures to crochet online. I don't know who I would make them for, I don't know who would want them, I know my husband doesn't want them piled on our bed, Micah's too old and Grace doesn't need one more thing resembling a stuffed animal. But I couldn't seem to help myself! Check out this website that has TONS of patterns to make them. Must have a floppy flamingo? How about a fuzzy penguin? Or a Rainbow Fish? Caterpillar? (I want to make the fish or the caterpillar for the first person I know having a baby. I will put little cat toys with bells in them inside so it rattles...) I need to make the Lil' Squirrel Fridgie for my Grandparents who have a love/hate relationship with squirrels. Want a 'Deer Purse'? You know you do... Or a cute Reindeer Hat for the holidays... Obviously I could go on and on... but I won't If you don't like this stuff, you are already bored!

I do want to show you a couple pics, though. Last night after posting here, I thought that I could whip up a book worm, so I did! Here's a picture of it:
Grace asked if she could just use it as a toy - sure, I knew it would go to her anyway... We had fun showing people the bookworm on the way to school today - the 40-somethings all remembered the bookworm! The little 'I love you' item next to the worm is a crochet I did for my mom a long long time ago - 30 years? When she passed away I found it tucked away in her jewelry box next to a box of my baby teeth - what a treasure!
And here is one more treasure from my mom. She went through a crocheted fruit potholder phase and when she asked me what I wanted I said I wanted a blue strawberry as above. I was into being very non-conformist (my best friend and I would earring shop to find the most bizarre hook earrings we could and then split them and wear multiple different earrings in each ear, 3 or 4 in each hole and then I'd take them out before I walked in the door at home...). But my mom made this beauty for me! I can't remember what other fruit options there were and don't dare google it or I will go down yet another rabbit hole! (But you can!) Fun memories!

HaHa! I found this as the descriptor of the Apocalypse Knits blog - Too funny!
I was going to, and probably still will, make vanilla extract for family and friends for Christmas (it's 8 months away - please forget by then!) but now I just want to think about what I can make them out of yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment