Thursday, April 9, 2009

Recycled Post

This went around on facebook around new year's and I am swamped at work, and swamped at home (20+ Jr. High boys at our house tonight!), and swamped with church scheduling stuff (see # 9) and can't think of a single thing to write about other than those things, so I'm recycling my '25 Random Things' post, with a few updates and a bonus none of my facebook friends have seen if you make it to the end.

Here are the Rules as posted: Once you've been tagged, you can choose to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

My 25 random things:

1.I work at the University of Minnesota Duluth in the IT department, and I'm terribly technologically challenged.
2. I am running a 5K in April if it kills me. (now May 30th, my anniversary)
3. I have been married for 17 years at the end of May.
4. My 20 year class reunion is this August. 20 YEARS!!!
5. I'm sad that it's so hard to think of 25 things about myself.
6. I try to not sit on the computer at home - I spend all day at work on the computer!
7. This year I want to become a more frequent photographer, if not a better one!
8. I just finished the Twilight series for the 2nd time and I still really like them.
9. I play keyboards for the worship team at the Duluth Vineyard Church one weekend a month and at a weekly smallgroup. (We are in a brand spanking new building beginning this weekend! You should come! Learn about it here.)
10. One of my new 'old' favorite music is Peter Gabriel (Red Rain, Your Eyes...).
11. My favorite spot to be is having BBQ dinner on the deck at home with my family.
12. This year I WILL conquer Photoshop and attempt to get caught up on digital scrapbooking.
13. My 13 year old son is taller than me now.
14. I am passionate about the both the written Word and the written word.
15. Quotes are one of my favorite things. Oh to be remembered for a single profound soundbite!
16. Organizational tools and equipment can keep me busy for days on end. Show me a new filing system that allows great efficiency and I'm thrilled!
17. I do the Isaac Asimov quiz every work day at lunch. (And I suck at the geography questions)
18. I do SuDoKu obsessively. I need a new hobby.
19. I love blogs (here I listed my blog address, but you are here, so whatever...)
20. I am a PC, but wish I were a Mac.
21. I hate bananas. Can't stand their smell, mushy texture, stringy peels... yuck!
22. I love chocolate, any kind of chocolate, and will too often go to excess. :O(
23. I am an only child, and I have two only children (9+ years between them).
24. In my ipod right now I have a mix of worship, country & 80s music.
25. I have been putting off painting my kitchen walls & cupboards for about 6 months now - who needs doors on cupboards anyway? This save time! And time is worth a lot! (This is now actually all painted except for the cupboard doors and one window frame - pictures soon!)

WHEW!

Bonus 26!!! I can curl my tongue (big deal, it's heriditary), I can turn my tongue upside down (yep, stick it out, now flip it over), I can fold it in half (don't use your teeth or lips to hold it there, just fold it over), I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue AND pretty much even put my tongue IN my nose. Since we are in cyber space, you may never see it, but I hope you rest easy just know I can do all these fabulous tricks! Let me tell you, I am a BLAST at dinner parties! Just ask my hubby (I did this on our first meeting but no embarrassment for hubby - I was there with my boyfirend!).

I don't know if I will blog at all over the weekend... I hope you have a blessed Easter and that the true meaning of Easter will touch your heart! And a little chocolate bunny couldn't hurt, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment