Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meet Rika


She's our Compassion kid! We are super excited to start corresponding with her. Rika's birthday is within 2 weeks of Grace's so they will literally grow up together.


I've heard about Compassion for years, at almost every Christian concert I've attended, but I've grown more and more interested lately. I attribute that to Shaun Groves (check out how his story, and his blog), and Ann Voskamp (at a Holy Experience) who blogged through a trip to verify Compassion's integrity, and my pastor who also recently got to meet one of their Compassion kids on a Compassion trip to Uganda. I'm sold, my heart has been won.

I hope you know about Compassion. Their motto is "Releasing children from poverty in Jesus name," and they do it with our money, yours and mine. $38/month sponsors a child,a child that has nothing, including a childhood. With less than you spend on fast food or coffee each month, you can supply food, clothes, education, medical care and hope to a child in need. Check it out! You can change the world, one person at a time! Your commitment changes the lives of these children, their families, and their communities. Do it with your kids and teach them compassion for others. Check my sidebar for a quick link to locate a child who needs you right now! (Please do not take sponsorship lightly, this is a lifetime commitment.)

♥  ♥ Rika ♥  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment